If you've been using MyPsychTrack to log your hours but are considering switching to Time2Track, we've made it easy for you to import the data you've already logged.
Our MyPsychTrack Import Tool is quick and simple to use - all you need to do is export your "Activities Report Spreadsheet" from your MyPsychTrack account, then drag-and-drop it into the Time2Track import interface. That's it! Time2Track handles the rest. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
** EDITOR'S NOTE: This article was originally published on March 12, 2014. Due to a large number of recent requests for this information, we have republished this post and included detailed instructions.
**IMPORTANT: The following instructions are for users who have imported their data from the Pre-March 2016 version of MyPsychTrack. If you are using the new version of MyPsychTrack, you can transfer your baseline hours from MyPsychTrack to Time2Track.
**IMPORTANT - If you have previously logged hours into Time2Track and transferred those hours into MyPsychTrack, contact us and we'll help you through the process to make sure hours are not duplicated. We recommend that you DO NOT edit the excel file since that can create an issue with the format which may cause it not to work.
Special Types of Data
The import program will take activities from MyPsychTrack that have been exported into a spreadsheet and import them into Time2Track. Most of the data can be imported, with some exceptions:
The MyPsychTrack export file does not contain specific data about your supervisor which is needed to place your supervision activities in the correct activity type. For this reason, Time2Track can only import your supervision activities as “Individual” or “Group”. You’ll need to use our bulk editing tool to change your supervision activities to the correct activity types.
In the MyPsychTrack export file, assessments are listed in a separate tab, but have no dates or activities associated with them. Since they aren’t associated with activities, Time2Track cannot import them into the database. You can add your assessments to the appropriate activities after the import is complete.
Currently, Time2Track doesn’t support multiple ethnicities, so only the first ethnicity listed in the MyPsychTrack export file will be imported into Time2Track as part of a client’s record.
Baseline hours entered into MyPsychTrack are not included in the MyPsychTrack activities export, so they cannot be imported into Time2Track’s database. You can, however, add your baseline hours with Time2Track’s baseline hours feature. However, the baseline hours are only used to calculate hours for the AAPI View report in Time2Track.
If you were using MyPsychTrack’s online supervisor approval features, those approvals will not be imported into Time2Track. Once the online approvals is setup by your school, those hours can be re-approved by your supervisor or a member of the training department.
In Time2Track, Online Approvals needs to be set up by your school or program and supervisors need to be invited by them. Because of this, we can’t import supervisor information into Time2Track from your MyPsychTrack export file.
Importing your MyPsychTrack Hours into Time2Track
STEP 1: Export your MyPsychTrack data.
- Log into your MyPsychTrack account.
- In the Reports tab, locate the “Activities Report Spreadsheet” and click “Generate”.
- Wait until your spreadsheet is generated (it could take up to 15 minutes).
- Then click “Download Spreadsheet”. This will download the Excel file to your computer.
STEP 2: Import your data into Time2Track.
- Log into your Time2Track account and click on your email address in the top righthand corner of the screen. Click “Import Activities” from the dropdown list.
- Locate the original export file containing your MyPsychTrack activities (do not make any changes to the content before uploading to Time2Track). It should be named something like “FirstName_LastName_Activities_Report_Date.xls”. This file could be in your Downloads folder, your Desktop, or wherever your Internet browser stores your downloaded files.
- Drag and drop that file into the import box in your Time2Track account or click “select it from your computer” to upload the file. Time2Track will analyze the file to make sure the correct file has been selected.
* If your file data is in the correct format, you’re good to go.
* If your file is not correct, double check to make sure you selected the ORIGINAL MyPsychTrack export file and have not made any changes to the file. It must be an Excel file or .CSV.
- Click “Import” to begin the import. This will take a few minutes depending on the number of activities in the file.
- The import will give you a message that summarizes the import and the number of activities imported. If a problem was encountered, the activities that could not be imported will be saved as a .CSV file that you can download and use to enter those activities in Time2Track manually. You can also try making the appropriate changes to the .CSV file and re-uploading it. If you need additional help with this, contact us at email@example.com.
- Any unconfirmed activities that are imported will need to be confirmed by you.
Learn More about Unconfirmed Activities »
We're excited to have you on board, and welcome any questions, comments, or concerns you may have. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time!